B2C Mobile Product Manager
JUST EAT is looking to hire a B2C Mobile Product Manager who has a passion for creating world class mobile consumer products. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact and influence the takeaway consumption habits of millions of consumers.
Working with the Mobile Product Lead you will be responsible for understanding the needs and behaviours of JUST EAT’s mobile app customers in order to identify highly usable and engaging product improvements that deliver both consumer and business value. You will work collaboratively with business stakeholders, user experience designers and our business intelligence team to identify mobile opportunities, come up with creative solutions and test your ideas with real users.
You’ll work with a talented team of engineers within an agile process to translate the requirements into real working products, and then measure the impact of your changes to ensure that the business and consumer benefits have been achieved.
▪ Work with key business stakeholders to identify and analyse opportunities to improve JUST EAT’s mobile consumer products in ways that will deliver significant business value
▪ Own and maintain a prioritised roadmap of product improvements in line with the broader strategic objectives of the business
▪ Work with User Experience (UX) designers to develop and prototype new ideas and test them with users in order to refine the requirements and user experience
▪ Define the functional requirements for new projects and understanding all the potential impacts on the operational areas of the business
▪ Communicate with key stakeholders at a detailed level before, during and after the product development process to manage expectations and ensure that requirements are clearly understood and meet the business need
▪ Work closely with Engineering to ensure that the scope and cost of the project is well understood, and that the changes are built in accordance with the original requirements
▪ Help to ensure smooth and easy adoption of new features within the operational areas of the business as they are rolled out, for example by preparing communication plans and/or simple training
▪ Measure and monitor the performance of product enhancements to ensure that the anticipated business benefits have been achieved
▪ Several years’ experience of Product Management, ideally within a busy transactional online consumer service
▪ Experience of the full product lifecycle from concept to implementation and post-launch analysis
▪ Experience of managing mobile products, ideally in the eCommerce space, and a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the mobile ecosystem
▪ In-depth experience of identifying and understanding user needs and behaviour in a consumer product environment, and representing those needs clearly through user stories and measurable goals
▪ An analytical mind with the ability to identify and understand commercial business drivers
▪ Experience of analysing the performance of existing products, managing KPIs, and identifying opportunities based on cost-benefit analysis
▪ Exceptional collaboration skills and a proven ability to work with UX Designers, Product Analysts and Engineers to understand problems and define solutions
▪ Proven experience of building strong relationships, identifying stakeholder requirements and managing their expectations
▪ Proven experience of working closely with a team of engineers (preferably in an agile development environment) to deliver new business functionality
▪ Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and pro-actively secure the objectives of the business
▪ Strong attention to detail
▪ Excellent communication and presentation skills
▪ Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top academic institution
▪ Operational experience of mobile payment systems
Why work for JUST EAT?
▪ JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering. We are headquartered in London with established operations in 13 countries, and growing. This role will be based in our City of London office.
▪ With sales accelerating rapidly year over year and a proven and highly profitable business model, Just Eat is a fast-paced, international, and exciting place to work. Following a $64m investment last year our growth continues to accelerate.
▪ We are looking for ambitious candidates that have real talent, a can-do attitude and a desire to make a difference. Candidates who enjoy a challenge and like to solve problems in a collaborative team environment will thrive in this role. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to make a real impact and contribute directly to creating a huge success story.
▪ Applicants must possess a valid UK work permit. JUST EAT is an equal opportunities employer and is fully compliant with UK employment legislature.
▪ Please send your CV with a covering letter
- See more at: http://www.just-eat.com/job/mobile-product-manager/#sthash.ULEyskU6.dpuf
- Date Posted:
- 04 Aug 2014
- Product Management
To stay on our radar, sign up here
to the Index Ventures talent roster